Pastor Tim and Melissa Johnson
Pastor Lon and Debbie Smith
The River Ministries was started as an outreach of Valley Christian Fellowship of Gardnerville, NV in March of 2005 by Pastor Lon and Debbie Smith. We are a non-denominational church reaching the rural areas of Douglas County, NV and Mono County, CA.
On May 17, 2018, Pastor Lon went to be with our Father in Heaven. Debbie remains as an active member of the church.
Pastor Tim Johnson preached his first sermon as senior pastor on March 17, 2019. He is third generation to Gardnerville, NV. He is a graduate from Douglas High School and earned his Bachelor’s Degree in biology at UNLV. He is a retired Douglas County Sheriff’s officer. He has taken classes in ministry at Multnomah University (Reno, NV). His wife Melissa, was raised in Seattle, Washington and moved to Gardnerville in 2001. She is currently a 911 dispatcher and taking accounting classes at WNC.
At The River Ministries...
1) We believe the bible is the inspired Word of God and the only infallible guide to thoroughly equip us for a God-centered and Spirit-filled life of service.
2) We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
3) We believe Jesus is the only way for people to know God.
4) We believe the Holy Spirit invites everyone to come to Jesus and empowers them to follow Him and leads the believer in a life of holiness.
5) We believe Jesus calls His church to go out and make devoted followers of Christ.
6) We believe worship expresses honor to God, therefore we will put Him first in all we say and do.
7) We believe Christians should assemble regularly for edification, worship, fellowship, and proclamation of the gospel.